One of BBB’s favourite researchers, Dr Patricia Izbicki, has done all the hard work for us and summarised the five great reasons why music learning is the childhood experience that just keeps on giving well into our later life.
Here is her five reasons why your brain will thank you for learning music;
1. Music training promotes neuroplasticity
2. Music training improves cognitive abilities
3. Music training may promote healthy aging of the brain
4. Music training is beneficial for overall health
5. Music training is a rewarding activity
Dip into this short article to read Dr Izbicki’s explanations and links to great research.
Learn more about our our new online course, The BBB Starter Course!